What is online accounting?
Online accounting software, also known as ‘cloud-based accounting’, allows you to take control of your finances. You can log in anytime and see up-to-date business financials – from anywhere. Providers such as Xero, QuickBooks or Sage offer many benefits, one of which is compliance with the government’s ‘Making Tax Digital’ (MTD) initiative.
Making Tax Digital
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) are bringing tax into the digital age with its ‘Making Tax Digital’ scheme. This means that nearly every UK business now has to submit VAT returns using compliant online accounting software.
From 1 April 2019 businesses with a turnover above the VAT threshold (currently £85,000) now have to keep digital records in relation to their VAT compliance. Business owners can no longer be able to log into the HMRC website and type in their VAT figures. Instead they must move to electronic uploads from their accounting software package.
To help you become MTD compliant we offer a variety of online accounting software packages including QuickBooks, Xero, Sage, FreeAgent, FreshBooks and more.
Online accounting benefits
As well as becoming compliant with the new HMRC regulations, online accounting offers many benefits:
- Real-time financial reporting. Auto-updated, real-time information about your company finances.
- User-friendly. Easy to use online dashboard, giving you visibility of your cash-flow at all times.
- Online access 24/7. Access your finances from anywhere at any time.
- Paperless online storage. Declutter your office and see your numbers at a glance.
- Remote technical support. Our experts can log in at the touch of a button to provide instant support.
Which software should I choose?
There are many online accounting packages to choose from and it can be difficult to pick the right software for your business. We have partnered with several providers and are happy to advise the package that’s right for you.
Free demonstration session
To help you choose which software package is right for you, as a certified QuickBooks Gold ProAdvisor, a Xero Gold Champion Partner, a FreeAgent Partner and member of the Sage Accountants Network, we are pleased to offer a free, no-obligation, 30-minute demonstration session.
Free 30-day trial
We also offer a free 30-day initial trial for existing clients.
Intuit QuickBooks Online lets you track sales, expenses and profit in one easy solution.
Xero’s market-leading cloud accounting software makes running your business’ accounts simpler, faster and more efficient.
How do I switch to online accounting?
Switching from traditional to online accounting is easy. We provide a fully managed service to ensure a smooth transition. This includes:
- Free set up and online migration of your accounts
- Free set-up support
- Two-hour training session – exclusive for you and your team
- Ongoing support
- Online accounting ‘health check’
- Annual review meeting
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Quarterly telephone review meeting.
To find out more or to arrange your free demonstration, email or call our online accounting experts, Chris Street or Jon Hart on 0161 370 9600.
You can also read more about us and the way we work.
Let’s get started
Contact us to arrange your free demonstration today.